More potpourri from the web:
- Jakob Nielsen has a new book on using eye-tracking in web usability. View a 32 page chapter PDF (26 mb) for free (via PhotoshopSupport).
- Using autistics for software quality-control work. Would this work for usability? An obsessive attention to detail is good for design/usability (via Slashdot)
- The HF/usability company HumanCentric held an internal competition to design a handset. I’d love more information on the rationale for the specific design choices. The winning design is at the top of this post.
- The Economist wonders if navigation systems are becoming too complex/dangerous. (via Slashdot).
- James R. sends along a link to an online driving test for older drivers from the AAA (via NYT).