The Human Factors and Ergonomics Society has a lively discussion board hosted at LinkedIn. If you like talking about issues with other professionals, have questions or need resources, or just want to see “what do these people like to talk about?” then I suggest a visit!
Some sample topics:
- What are the top three classical or seminal papers in HFE that you think every graduate should know?
- What is a safe number of characters to read on a screen while driving?
- What is the best statistical method for comparing Modified Cooper Harper ratings for two different designs?
- Does visual appeal, i.e., aesthetics, enhance usability?
- What is the best place to place OK button on the computer form?
- Trends in Function Allocation among cognitive agents (human & machine) – a new era for joint cognitive systems?